- Once you have cleaned your steaks, make sure you dry them completely with a paper towel.
- Heat a heavy pan/skillet on high heat and we are talking smoking hot. I leave mine on for 5 minutes on high.
- Meanwhile, melt butter for 30 seconds in the microwave or in a pan.
- Dip the steaks in half the butter ( leaving the other half for serving) and dip into the seasoning, coating the steak well on both sides.
- Place in the hot skillet and pour 1 tsp melted butter on top of each fillet.
- Cook, uncovered over the same high heat until the underside looks charred, about 2 minutes (the time will vary according to the fillet’s thickness and the heat of the skillet).
- Turn the fish over and again pour 1 tsp butter on top; cook until fish is done, about 2 minutes more.
- Pour 1 tbsp of butter on each fillet before serving.