|Moist and rich cuppies|
I have always wanted to try this recipe from the Australian Womens Weekly Cupcake Recipe Book. I got my little sous chef to try it for me. Sabrina is a very meticulous cook in trying recipes, she will measure everything to the exact gm.
The cake turned out so moist and rich and not overly sweet, just the way i like it. Just thought i would share this to cupcake lovers out there.
You will need:
425g can pitted cherries
165g butter, coarsely chopped
100g dark choc, coarsely chopped
295g caster sugar
60ml cherry syrup(from the can)
150g plain flour
2 tbsp self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
160ml thickened cream
2 tsp cherry syrup
100g dark choc
1. Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan forced
Line 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases
2. Drain cherries ,reserve syrup. Process 110g cherries with 125ml syrup until smooth. Halve remaining cherries, reserve for decorating cakes.
3. Combine butter, choc, sugar, syrup and cherry puree in small saucepan, stir over low heat until choc melts. Transfer to a bowl to cool. (u can cool faster on a bed of ice)
4. Whisk in sifted flour, cocoa and egg and mix well. Fill paper cases.
5. Bake 45 minutes. Turn cakes to wire rack to cool.
6. Top cakes with remaining cherries and cream whipped with 2 tsp cherry syrup. Top with choc curls.